gps magellan gps gps vehicle tracking gps systems auto gps gps tracker ipaq gps bluetooth gps axim gps gps macintosh gps software garmin gps iii pda gps gps for auto gps car navigation garmin gps v gps child locator gps navigation systemcompact flash gps garmin
Tuesday, December 30, 2003
I stayed at the home of Mr Las Vegas Wayne Newton. Among some of the Hotels I visted were The Paris, New York, The Bellagio and The Venetian. Next trip I would visit M.Bay, the Luxor, MGM and maybe even make it to Freemont street.
Friday, December 26, 2003
Wednesday, December 03, 2003
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
Friday, November 21, 2003
Thursday, November 20, 2003
Wednesday, November 19, 2003
Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Wednesday, November 05, 2003
Monday, October 27, 2003
Thursday, October 16, 2003
Wednesday, October 15, 2003
Tuesday, October 14, 2003
Monday, October 13, 2003
Thursday, October 09, 2003
Wednesday, October 08, 2003
Friday, October 03, 2003
Thursday, October 02, 2003
Wednesday, October 01, 2003
Tuesday, September 30, 2003
Monday, September 29, 2003
Friday, September 26, 2003
Wednesday, September 24, 2003
Tuesday, September 23, 2003
new version of Knoppix today and am using it. Most notable change is the start up screen which has changed and now includes audio welcome. This Distro continues to evolve and has become one of my fav live distros. The speed and security tools continue to draw me.
Puppy Linux can boot off a flash card or any USB memory device, CDROM, Zip disk or LS/120/240 Superdisk, floppy disk or from an internal hard drive. Version 0.7 was released today: "Puppy Linux version 0.7 has just been uploaded. The Puppy web pages need to be updated - allow me some time to sift through them. This is the 'big K' version, which has The Qt library v2.3 and two applications that use the library, Konqueror-embedded web browser and Scribus desktop publishing v0.6. Konq-e is about 6MB, Qt about 5MB, Scribus about 1.2MB." See the rest of the announcement. Download: cd-puppy.iso (28MB).
Friday, September 19, 2003
Reuters | Latest Financial News / Full News Coverage: "VeriSign Sued Over Controversial Web Service "
NewsForge: The Online Newspaper of Record for Linux and Open Source: "MandrakeSoft plans new revenue source"
Thursday, September 18, 2003
NewsForge: The Online Newspaper of Record for Linux and Open Source
Contra Costa Times | 09/18/2003 | Gates embraces Netscape, Linux: "Gates embraces Netscape, Linux"
Wednesday, September 17, 2003
Enterprise Software / The real future of Linux - Tech Update - ZDNet
Tuesday, September 16, 2003
Columbia University law professor and Free Software Foundation general counsel Eben Moglen predicts that over the next five years open source "is going to take [the government] market away from Microsoft completely," according to an article at NewsFactor. Moglen offers several views of how open source will shift the computing paradigm.
Read full story
Monday, September 15, 2003
In other exciting news they are now controling planes with Linux
Engineers at IBM's Pervasive Computing Advanced Technology Laboratory created a Linux-based, intelligent, remote control system for a model airplane as a way to showcase gateway server technology. The onboard computer controls various navigational equipment and interfaces to a wireless access point and PDA. The user can control the plane through handheld wireless technology. A 3-dimensional virtual flight environment tracks the plane's flight and provides a gps-based autopilot function. The environment is based on LandSAT maps and gives the user a virtual view of the flight from the cockpit of the plane, which can be augmented by real-time updates from an onboard camera. The article briefly introduces "gateway server" concepts, describes the embedded hardware and software architecture, explains how the IBM developers implemented the control systems, and includes lots of cool photos."
The irony runs deep. Has the evil empire seen the light. To learn more about what they have thought of Linux please refer to the Halloween Documents Here, leaked by Microsoft Employees
In order to protect itself from DDoS attacks, Microsoft is using the Akamai service to distribute its load. Ironically, as a result, the domain www.microsoft.com is now listed in the Netcraft report as being Linux running IIS. Netcraft has received so much mail asking about that, and the irony of Linux-bashing Microsoft now depending on "enterprise-class" Linux servers has generated so much discussion, Netcraft has posted a page explaining what's happening.
Tried Gnoppix over the weekend. This Distro shows a lot of promise. With the exception of the menu being in German the interface uses Gnome and is super fast with all the goodies one could want. I will download the newest version today and should have a report on it soon.
Sunday, September 14, 2003
Most people agree that this E-mail is what started the Linux ball rolling. Ever since this time, people have jumped onto the Linux bandwagon/religion. Here is the first message:
From: torvalds@klaava.Helsinki.FI (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?
Summary: small poll for my new operating system
Date: 25 Aug 91 20:57:08 GMT
Organization: University of Helsinki
Hello everybody out there using minix -
I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional
like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing since April, and is starting
to get ready. I'd like any feedback on things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS
resembles it somewhat (same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical
reasons) among other things). I've currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and
things seem to work. This implies that I'll get something practical within a few
months, and I'd like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions
are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)
PS. Yes - it's free of any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs.
It is NOT protable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never
will support anything other than AT-harddisks, as that's all I have :-(.
Wednesday, September 10, 2003
Tuesday, September 09, 2003
Twitter / GeographyFacts
- ZDNet UK - News - Red Hat's results rocket to all-...
- Linux's Best (and Worst) Year Ever butr hey lookin...
- Happy Holidays to all and Good Luck in the Upcomi...
- Network Monitoring with Ethereal | Linux Gazette
- MandrakeMove: Looks like Mandrake has put out a li...
- Yahoo! News - Serious Linux Security Flaw Found
- out-law.com - legal news and business guides
- WOW www.americanexpress.com migrated from AIX to L...
- Wired 11.12: CodeFellas
- A Monocultural Alternative: "A Monocultural Altern...
- LinuxElectrons - Linux powers supercomputer to No....
- TechTV | Red Hat's Dead, But Linux Lives On
- LinuxElectrons - Linux SuperComputer named after G...
- BW Online | November 19, 2003 | Why Linux Is Wealt...
- Microsoft Loses to Linux in Thailand Struggle
- Microsoft Linux - the premier linux distro
- Yahoo! News - Novell To Buy SuSE Linux For $210 Mi...
- System recovery with KnoppixAnother use for one of...
- ARMY SWITCHES TO LUNUX
- InfoWorld: SCO gives Linux users more time: Octobe...
- News @ Cisco: Cisco Donates Equipment to Build the...
- Wired 11.11: Leader of the Free World
- Forbes.com: Linux's Hit Men
- - Linux and French fries -- a real happy meal
- Red Hat's Fedora Core test-3 is out and available ...
- Copyright Lawsuit Is Turnabout for SCO
- Copyright Lawsuit Is Turnabout for SCO
- silicon.com - Linux the choice of US IT chiefs
- Bye Bye 9.1, Mandrake Linux Moves to v 9.2 (LinuxW...
- Knoppix-STD is a customized distribution of the Kn...
- VeriSign Suspends its Redirect Service
- ICANNWatch | ICANN Throws Down the Gauntlet to Ver...
- UPDATE - Microsoft faces class action over virus c...
- Havoc Pennington: Linux has its Nails on UNIX's Co...
- UPDATE - Microsoft faces class-action on security ...
- A Linux Distro for Barbie? It is in its early Beta...
- Lindows.com responds to Microsoft's takedown notic...
- HMMMMM Tools to Compete. Looks like Microsoft is ...
- Microsoft Sends Lindows.com Takedown Notice for M...
- SecurityFocus HOME News: AtStake fires executive o...
- Microsoft: National Security Threat?
- Downloaded new version of Knoppix today and am ...
- d y n e : b o l i c -- a free multimedia studio in...
- AWWWWW Puppy Linux can boot off a flash card ...
- Linux Security: Good Enough
- VeriSign Sued Over Controversial Web Service R...
- New Findings Shake Up Open-Source Debate New Fi...
- MandrakeSoft plans new revenue source NewsFor...
- Red Hat Reports Its Best Results Yet Red Hat R...
- Yet another wormy reason to switch from Windows to...
- Gates embraces Netscape, Linux Contra Costa Tim...
- The future of Linux. This article details Red Hat'...
- I noticed something the other day while typing i...
- Columbia University law professor and Free Softw...
- Motor giant Ford to move to Linux The Registe...
- In other exciting news they are now controling p...
- The irony runs deep. Has the evil empire seen ...
- Tried Gnoppix over the weekend. This Distro show...
- Most people agree that this E-mail is what start...
- A new version of Knoppix, named as "V3.2-2003-09-0...
- Mandrake Linux 9.2 is now available for download: ...
- GNOPPIX 0.5 has been released: "The GNOPPIX projec...
- ▼ December (6)